What To Do In An Emergency?
First of all, you must stay calm. Please call us first on 0208 783 2850 and we can help you decide how urgently your pet needs to be examined by our team, some cases may not need to be seen straight away. We provide free advice over the phone and we will ask about your pet’s symptoms and recommend if you can safely wait to see your own regular vet when their practice is open. Please do not come directly to the practice without calling us first.
If you are unsure if it is an emergency situation, please call us on 0208 783 2850 to discuss your concerns with one of our staff
If you use a regular veterinary service, you should call them first to see if they can help as they will have a full record of your pet. If your pet needs immediate emergency care, we would ask you to bring your pet into our practice where we have all the suitable medical facilities to treat your pet immediately. After we have admitted your pet to our practice, our duty vet will advise you on what to do next, based on your pet’s condition and what you tell us.
As promised, we will continue to operate throughout this crisis to look after your pets. Because of the severity of the situation however we will of course only be able to physically see emergency and urgent medical cases: we will be postponing all non-urgent procedures.
Do not fret: we do not expect you to always be certain just what constitutes an emergency or critical problem for your pet! That is our job, so if you have a problem with your beloved pets PLEASE CALL US and we will advise you on the urgency of the situation. In many cases we will be able to advise and dispense treatment without having to call you in, and in others our video consulting service (which is about to go live) will be sufficient.
PLEASE follow the protocols we set out in our previous post:
– DO NOT come to the practice unless you have TELEPHONED to us first.
– STAY IN YOUR CAR or OUTSIDE away from the doors and observing strict SOCIAL DISTANCING.
– Please ONLY ONE PERSON to come out of the car if instructed.
– CALL US when you arrive. We will consult with you over the ‘phone and give you instructions for us to collect and return your pet.
– PLEASE observe the SAME rules for medicine and food collection.
– PLEASE pay by TELEPHONE from your car or at home.
– For ISOLATED or VULNERABLE clients we will offer a DELIVERY service for medicine and food, again following strict protocols.
Thankyou for your kind co-operation, we will always be here for you! 🥰 Keep well and we will soon be through this difficulty! x